Multnomah County Drainage Dist.
$ 14,631-$ 212,174
Provide strategic and motivational leadership to guide an extraordinarily talented staff through a unique transition for the agency of merging four districts into one district. The incumbent will be able to articulate a vision that integrates flood safety, climate resiliency, habitat restoration, water quality and environmental justice; be able to bring diverse groups to consensus; and have the knowledge and ability to provide services in a manner that respects diversity and promotes equity in all aspects of the District’s operations.
You have a demonstrated commitment to MCDD’s mission, vision and values including equity and social justice, through your personal and professional background. You can provide inspirational leadership, and critical thinking as you bring the team and stakeholders together around a strategic vision. You are a consensus builder able to work with diverse stakeholders and are adept at navigating the political terrain.
- Ten years relevant experience at an executive or senior management level.
- Advanced educational degree in relevant field may be substituted for some experience.
- Experience in utility management, government affairs, and/or water resources management.
In addition to the competitive salary, all employees also enjoy the following:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- State of Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) Participant
- Deferred Compensation Plan via the Oregon Savings Growth Plan (OSGP)
- Paid holidays, flex, vacation, and sick leave
- Transportation and Wellness Incentives
- Healthy work-life balance
- Casual dress code
- Office Perks
- Frequent visits from our 4-legged team members.
- Beautiful views of the Columbia Slough Watershed
- Access to open outdoor spaces
- Showers and access to bike parking
- Open access to leadership
- Collaborative environment
- Supportive of families with children
- Location: MCDD is in the Sunderland neighborhood of Portland, Oregon, a city known for its diversity of restaurants, breweries, and easy access to both the coast and mountains. The area offers a variety of neighborhoods, bike-friendly streets, and amenities of a large city.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following, in PDF form, via the MCDD Smartsheet link found here: https://mcdd.org/employment/. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A complete application packet will include:
- Cover letter indicating prior experience that qualifies you for the position and why you are interested in this position.
- Resume showing sufficient experience and/or education to meet the qualifications of the position.
- Answers to the following supplemental questions on a separate sheet from your cover letter:
- Based on what you know now, what do you see as the greatest opportunity and challenge of this position?
- What has been your greatest accomplishment in a similar role, include the position and organization you are referencing.