Floodplain & Master Planning
Want to thrive in an organization that fosters a respectful and energetic work environment? SEMSWA has a positive, productive, and rewarding workplace culture that supports employee growth and development. It is a dynamic organization responsible for specialized engineering, water quality compliance, capital construction and maintenance in providing stormmwater and floodplain management for residents and businesses in the City of Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County.
SEMSWA has an immediate opening for a full-time, exempt position Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer. This position provides engineering support and expertise in the fields of floodplain management and master planning.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide floodplain review and comment on public and private projects from pre-application to project closeout
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and support to other SEMSWA programs and external parties regarding master plans and floodplain-related activities.
- Coordinate Major Drainageway Master Plan efforts with Mile High Flood District (MHFD)
- Assists with public education and outreach
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in civil engineering or other closely related field required.
- Three (3) years of water resource engineering experience, including one or more of the following areas: watershed master planning, floodplain management, floodplain studies, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and plan review. Prefer some land development review experience.
- Possession of an Engineering Intern (EI) Certification. A Professional Engineer License in the State of Colorado is preferred or can obtain with 2 years of hiring.
- Prefer Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Certificate or can obtain within 6 months of hiring.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Knowledge of hydrology, hydraulics, floodplain management concepts, and regulatory requirements associated with floodplain management
- Knowledge of drainage basin master planning processes
- Ability to facilitate regional level stormwater solutions on a watershed basis and adherence to basin master plans
- Knowledge of the technical and practical aspects of engineering analysis, construction, and project supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest and ability in maintaining technical proficiency
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – full employee coverage and partial dependent coverage
- Employer HSA contribution
- Group Life Insurance – fully paid by SEMSWA
- Short and Long-Term Disability Protection – fully paid by SEMSWA
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Personal Day
- Matching Funds Retirement Programs